Адрес (если есть): eresources.loc.gov/record=e1001114~S9
Организация: the Library of Congress
Город, страна: , США
Назначение: исследования, образование
Подход к созданию: не указано
- века: ..
- годы: ..
Объем (в записях):
Количество пользователей: коллективного использования
Description: The American Antiquarian Society Historical Periodicals Collections are available in five series documenting the life of America's people from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction. More than 7,600 periodicals comprised of over seven million pages are available.
- Series 1 (1691-1820): presents more than 500 titles dating from 1691 through 1820. Almost every 17th- and 18th-century American title is represented in addition to the majority of works published before 1821.
- Series 2 (1821-1837): presents over 1,000 titles dating from 1821 through 1837. Series 2 represents the Jacksonian Democracy era in history and is broad in scope including agriculture, entertainment, history, literary criticism, and politics.
- Series 3 (1838-1852): presents over 1,800 titles dating from 1838 through 1852. Series 3 reveals a rapidly growing young nation, where industrialization, the railroads, regional political differences, and life on the western frontier were daily realities.
- Series 4 (1853-1865): presents over 1,200 titles dating from 1853 through 1865. While the Civil War is a key focal point of Series 4, it also features a diverse record of the continuance of daily life for many Americans—both leading up to and during the war. News from the battlefront is found, in addition to the usual breadth of subject matter found in Series 1-3 (e.g., science, literature, medicine, agriculture, women’s fashion, family life, and religion).
- Series 5 (1866-1877): contains over 2,500 titles dating from 1866 through 1877. Themes presented reflect a nation that persevered through a most difficult set of circumstances—the aftermath of a bloody civil war that claimed hundreds of thousands of lives, the incorporation of the recently-freed African Americans into American life, a population that rapidly expanded into the Western territories, and much more. Series 5 coverage of broad subject areas reach into every facet of American life, including science, literature, medicine, agriculture, fashion, family life, politics, education and religion.
Coverage: 1691 - 1877
Публикации о системе:
Статьи о системе не найдены
Поиск систем по параметрам