The Van Gogh Museum is leading, excellent and inspiring. The core values function as an ethical compass and are at the heart of corporate culture at the museum.
The vision is based on the museum’s mission and core values, and it also takes external influences and the most significant stakeholders into consideration.
- The Van Gogh Museum is one of the leading and most accessible museums in the world. It is inspirational and strives for excellence in all its activities.
- The Van Gogh Museum excels in carrying out its Primary Objectives, delivered by the sectors of Museum Affairs, Public Affairs and Operations, and to achieve this, collaborates with various parties.
- The main objective of the Van Gogh Museum is the management and conservation of the collection and making this accessible to as many people as possible. The Van Gogh Museum has ensured optimal access to the collection and its buildings.
- The Van Gogh Museum reaches as many visitors and non-visitors as possible, creating dialogue with the public alongside a high degree of public involvement.
- The Van Gogh Museum secures additional income, partly through developing new business models and the continued professionalisation of fundraising activities.
The museum’s mission statement has been reformulated and clarified in the strategic plan 2014 - 2017. The vision sets out the situation the museum is aiming to achieve. The strategic objectives will form the basis for the choices the Van Gogh Museum will make with regard to its programme and activities.